Compare Remortgaging Rates & Deals
The chances are, if you’ve been with the same mortgage lender for some time, you may be paying more than you need to for your home loan.
Remortgaging allows you to switch provider or mortgage products to get better rates, save money and suit the ever-changing requirements of your life.
It’s advisable to regularly review your mortgage situation and speak with a mortgage adviser before you come to the end of your preferential rate or fixed term and are transferred onto your lenders standard variable rate (SVR). It’s estimated that as many as four in ten home owners are on their lenders SVR. If you are, or if you’re not sure but the amount you’re paying on you mortgage has increased, the best advice is to get a review of your mortgage and personal situation. You should look to remortgage if:
- Your current deal is about to end
- You want a better rate on your existing mortgage
- Your home’s value has increased a lot since you purchased it
- You’re worried about interest rates going up and want to fix
- You want to overpay on your mortgage and your current lender won’t let you
- You want to switch from interest-only to a repayment mortgage
- You want to borrow more money
Why speak to an adviser?
Before remortgaging, or before you decide to remortgage with your existing provider, it’s important to speak with an independent mortgage expert. Our advisers at PreMortgage will be able to assist you in comparing remortgaging products from across the mortgage market to help you decide which mortgage is best for you, if you can get a better rate than your currently on and if we can find a provider who can offer you a better deal that your existing provider.